Dekoron Wire & Cable has a reputation of offering cables that exceed the requirements of the petro-chem industry in both the domestic and global market. Our products offer the proven reliability, quality and reputation of the Dekoron brand name supported by the technical depth, expertise and financial backing of the Marmon Group and Berkshire Hathaway. We embrace the cornerstone Marmon philosophies of direct customer relationships and problem solving. Dekoron offers a wide array of cables for process monitoring and control applications.
Marmon Gardex® Type MC-HL and ITC-HL continuouslycorrugated, welded armor cables have been developed and improved over the last 50 years. Dekoron specializes in MC-HL, ITC-HL, and Fieldbus cables,as well as custom cables that use Cat5e or optical fibers as core material.
Gardex® is a self-contained cable conduit system with an impervious continuously-corrugated armor. This armor provides a vapor-tight, metallic sheath to protect the cable. An overall polymeric jacket and an equipment grounding conductor(s) are also provided to meet hazardous location (“–HL”) requirements.
Gardex® Type MC-HL and ITC-HL cables are listed for use in Class I, Division 1 hazardous locations. A Class I, Division 1 location is defined as an area where ignitable concentrations of flammable gases or vapors are present in normal operating conditions. The Gardex® armor system is recognized as two of the four approved wiring methods in NEC Article 501.10.A.1.
Gardex® cables are also available for Class I, Division 2 applications.
Features of Gardex® Armor
- Self-Contained Conduit and Wiring System
- Provides a Hermetically Sealed Barrier
- Considered an Electrical Shield in Certain Applications
- Provides Ruggedness and Physical Protection for Cables against Workplace and Installation Hazards
- Armor is Impact and Crush Resistant to UL 2225 Standards
- Aluminum Sheath Provides Superior Electrical Shielding Performance for AC Drive Applications
- Outer Jackets are Sunlight, Oil, and Moisture Resistant
- Oil Resistant II or Artic-Grade (-40˚C) Jackets are Available
- All Jackets have Printed Sequential Length (Feet or Meter) Markings